Monday, June 22, 2015

I'm home...











I made it home, though nature conspired to make the trip as miserable as possible.  It drizzled, it sprinkled, it rained, it poured, it hailed, and for all I could see at times, it perhaps even snowed.  Ugh.  My lights and wipers were on for the entire 500 miles, and it did little to lighten my mood.  I was chased from Port Wing by the weather and other stuff, and a day in the rain just made things darker.

I have to say the radio didn't help.  In the UP you get a limited menu of stations--country, really really country, religious stations, and sometimes an NPR affiliate.  The country stations remind you that you lost your dog/truck/love/etc,  the religious stations remind you that you are lacking and will be judged, as if I needed reminding, and the public radio stations?  Have you listened lately?  Syria, Charleston, politics, Iraq, shootings, man hunts, and on and on and on… It is little wonder that my mood is dark.

But I did get to hang out on Lake Superior.  These were from Sunday night at what is referred to as the "Mouth of the Brule River," where the river meets the lake.  It is a popular place to hang out and play, as pictured, but it also is so serene that you want to stay there forever.  I am not sure how to take a portrait of a lake so vast, but these are a start.  The sunsets are on the way back to Iron River and my luxurious motel.  Same night, different lens.  No photoshop, but different perspectives and exposures.  These also fill my yearly requirement to take old barn photos.

No comments: