Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Northern Exposure












Well, there were no mooses but it was "Up North."  I went to Port Wing (again) and along the way I took some "exposures."  Sorry for the out of order photos.  Sometimes that just happens.  The blue sky with the clouds was but a harbinger of the weekend.  The moon is of the so-called Blue Moon.  I have a pretty good shot of the moon, but this was a bit different.  If I was a less ethical photographer, I would have


taken two photos with two different exposures and merged them together with Photoshop magic, but I won't do that.  This photo was a compromise.  The late sunsets were from the trip back to Iron River.  I suppose I could have used a tripod but I still kind of like these.  Note the photo of my favorite barn--I have numerous photos of this barn on my blog.  There are a few photos of my land--note the clearing that has taken place.  One more chunk and it will be almost cabin/shed/hovel ready.  There are also two pictures of real artists, taken by some hack with a camera.  There was an eau plein painting workshop and contest--that was fun to watch happening and then there was an art show of the work in town.  No doubt about it, Port Wing is a happening place!

The photo of the building with a tree coming out of it is my garage.  Did I mention clouds?  Northern Michigan was slammed by a storm Sunday night.  I missed much of it because I was stuck on I-75 trying to come back.  The two hour trip from the "bridge" to my home should have taken 2 hours--it took me 5 1/2 or so.  Monday AM my neighbor informed me of the new skylight in my garage.  Rafters are broken, and good chunk of the back corner is gone..  Pretty tough on my garage but it could have hit my house.  My school is still without power and I have been trying to work from home and deal with with adjusters and construction guys and tree guys and and and...

Oh well.  School is supposed to be open tomorrow so we will be back at it. 

No comments: