Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday





School starts in a week, and it is busy.  I worked most of yesterday and then worked again today.  I am still in need of faculty (anyone want to teach Bio?  Call me) but from my conversations with my colleagues around the state, everyone is having challenges finding faculty.  Blame the good economy and the fact that Michigan is a right to work state.  Plus, while I am proud that my school pays more than most, it is still about 40% of what Minnesota pays for adjunct faculty and only 30% of what California pays.  So I am still busy...

I did get to go sailing last week or ratther, I got to go and watch sailing from a classic wooden boat.  A friend from high school was over here watching/helping his son sail in a big race on Lake Huron.  It was great.  I hope someone smiles at least at that.  It was fun, with perfect weather.  Since I am new to photography, I of course  had the wrong lens but when you are in a perfect spot with photogenic water and boats, you usually can find a photo.  I am not marine oriented, that is for sure.  I almost embarrassed myself and lost my breakfast over the side, but I gamely held on.  My friend was gracious, and just encouraged me to sit closer to the side--no doubt he was thinking of his bilge.  I just pointed out that this was not my environment and that he would probably get sick in some the meetings that I have to sit through!

No comments: