Monday, September 12, 2016

New old cameras











Since it isn't like I have work to distract me from anything, I have been goofing around with cameras.  The square photos were taken with a Seagull 4b camera from China that I think was made in the early 1960s.  It is hard to tell the age of a cameras from China because those made for the domestic market were sometimes a little dated in their technology.  It works, and is has decent if not not great lens. 

The other photos are from a Leica M2, a recent auction find.  That was fun.  Usually you find folding Kodaks, not Leicas, so I kind of jumped on it when it came along.  Alas, I will have to sell it, but I actually bought it for that purpose--I might even make a few dollars.

None of these are great photos nor are they of anything at all, points I will stress.  Sometimes, though, you just have to put yourself through the motions of taking photos in the hope that something will break free.  I have figured out that you will never take or make a good photo if you aren't out there with a camera.  And I do believe that taking photos is like fishing:  Even a bad day taking photos is sometimes better than almost any other thing.  Be patient.  I will get better, someday.

No comments: