Sunday, November 27, 2016

Family, fog, and other things












This was a good weekend and even memorable.  I was part of a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner with the bestest of friends and their family--a family that I am blessed to feel a tiny bit part of.  It was a bit different, though, with THREE different kinds cranberry relish.  They were not bad, and every one had polite mouthfuls of each.  I guess I am still confused on why people would have different kinds when the best, and the kind which a higher power has deemed the most authentic (that would be the kind that is jellied and comes from a can) was already on the table?

A more rare occasion was the gathering of the Tetzloff clan.  All four siblings made it to one spot at the same time for the first time in eight years.  While some families are aghast at this, ours unfortunately seems to just shrug and say, "Huh.  Eight years.  Wow."  I found that I, unlike my other siblings, have not aged at all and clearly I alone have maintained my very slim and athletic youthful figure.  We have all aged a bit, but have done well at it, and it was nice to share a meal with those that shared the table as we grew up.

Today was  very foggy and well worth a walk for photos.  It really was beautiful and very different than just a few days ago.  Ahh, Minnesota weather.  Give it a few hours and it will change.  One is of the same sidewalk/street that I took with snow.  Another series shows why you need to be patient and take more than one photo of a scene.  I love the woman and the dog, and people do add to photos.  There are a few frost-rimed leaves and flower thingies.  They aren't great, but if I didn't put them in a blog, how could I have used the word "rimed" in a blog.  That is almost triple word points, isn't it?

Oh, I almost forgot--there is one other thing.  I am gainfully employed once again.  Now that is good news.  I am working for several community colleges in the metro area directing a $3.2 million dollar grant.  There goes the leisure of my self-imposed (and unpaid) sabbatical, but I am pretty comfortable with the timing.  This was a definite Thanksgiving gift, as this was not finalized until last Wednesday afternoon.   That took a wee bit of stress out of my life and I am looking forward to this next adventure.

No comments: