Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tattered









Tattered,  I like that word and it seems fitting in lots of ways.  I went with my friend to her neighborhood bird/flower sanctuary this past weekend to stalk the mighty herons of Golden Valley but I came up dry on that quest.  They were probably doing heron things in some other first ring metro suburb.  There were several markets and hmm.,,did the Twins play at home?  One never knows with those wily and shy birds.  And yes, that is how you spell wily.  It is different than that stupid dog and bird, the chaser and chase-ee.

The flowers, however, were out it all their tattered splendor.  It is still in the 70s and 80s around here so it does still seem like summer, and the calendar does give us another six weeks or so of the season  but it is waning.  Flowers are fading and are more concerned about their seeds than their brightly-colored petals.  Cone flowers are among my favorite flowers but they are more cones than flowers at this point in the summer.  I am not sure of all the rest of the flowers but they caught my eye for one reason or another.  Remember--they all get bigger--just click on the photo.

This camera also caught my eye.  An 1908 Kodak Premo Pony No 7.  In general I have little interest in Kodak cameras as they are too numerous to be all that interesting.  The older ones like this, though, are just stunning.  It cost more than $125 in  1908 when the average salary was $400-600.00.  A dentist might make $1,500.  It is all rich leather mahogany, and shiny chrome and it works like the day it was sold.  Since it is so "un-tattered" it is for sale on Ebay with a hope that it will go to a good home.

Me?  Well, I am a little tattered. Work of late was not fun and I guess the operative word is "was."  New adventures, right?  There has to be at least one or two windmills to tilt or wrongs to right within 40 or so miles, right?  Right?  I am looking now but if you see any that you think I might be interested in, let me know.

No comments: