Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day



I went to the local Veteran's Day celebration, and really enjoyed it--it was touching and warm, and reminded all who attended why we value veterans. There were many WWII vets, though no doubt that number is shrinking fast, too fast. I couldn't help but think of my Dad as I watched that generation today--they all shared such an important part of the country's history.

Of course this blog shows the things that work photographically, and the things that don't work all that well. Sorry that there are probably more of the latter than the former, because today was one of those days when things didn't work out all that well. I know, a poor carpenter blames his tools, but honestly, my tools did partially fail me. Of the 20 frames that I shot, I had images on six one of them--the other 14 were mostly blank. I normally have a bit higher success rate in at least getting an image, even if it isn't all that good. Oh well. It was well worth attending, and I enjoyed the whole process of the day. And the two that I salvaged were at least OK. More and better chances ahead, eh?

No comments: