Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, part one...




It may be hard to believe, but in my 30-plus years of pretty serious picture taking, I have never taken photos of fireworks. I have been too busy oo0h-ing and ahh-ing to do it, I guess. But as hard as I wanted to ignore these fireworks, I couldn't--they were literally visible outside my front window. And there were thousands in the neighborhood. so it wasn't like I could just go to sleep. So I walked a block and took just a few photos.

I had a conversation today with a friend about the relative unimportance of the Declaration of Independence, and I stand buy that. It was far more inspirational than a document that is really a foundational like the Constitution, even if the Preamble is cool. Still, it does make a great birthday card...

No comments: