Saturday, December 4, 2010

Can you believe it snowed in Minnesota?







It did indeed snow. Not that much, but enough to make it worthwhile to carry a camera around for a bit this morning. Actually, these photos are interesting to me, though probably not to most others, as they do show a bit about the thought process that goes on to "make" a photo.

I have noticed this interestingly shaped birch tree before and drive past it every morning on my way to work. I had envisioned, or imagined how I would photograph this tree, and the photo of the branch with the house in the background is pretty close to that vision. What I didn't imagine was the "view" the other way. The shot of the branch and the blue Studebaker truck is the result of simply looking a different way at a "subject" that I thought I saw every day. It's not high art, but it is a mildly interesting photo.

The photos of the trees show a similar process. I liked the more distant shot of the large oak, and it did sort of work out. But then I looked up and saw the tree that was right above me, and the two other photos showed up. Again, I am not sure if any of these are even printable or worth all that much, but they accomplish several things. First, they do show the results of a Minnesota winter storm. And these photos also show a tiny bit of the process that happens when I wander about with a camera.

No comments: