Monday, March 7, 2011

More Leica photos...








I finished the second roll of film from my Leica--I had forgotten one of the charms of film was the challenge to finish a roll and getting it to a lab to be processed. I don't think that I am as bad as some who start a roll one Easter and then have the rest of the year's birthdays, Christmas, and then the following Easter all on that one roll of film. Still, this roll was started in November and finished in March which is nothing to be proud of. Nothing significant, just some color and and some nice lines.

It is kind of fun to go low tech and take pictures with a 75 year old camera. I am finding that a lens that old can be pretty sharp and in fact is more than adequately sharp. The difference is that the lens is less contrasty than modern lenses. Most of that is not the glass itself but the modern coatings, the ones that make your camera lens reflect blue and gold and purple when you look into the lens. Those weren't really developed until after WWII. Those little German Leica people knew what they were doing all those years ago.

No comments: