Monday, May 28, 2012

Herding cats

The title of this blog is usually the reference that is applied to my day job, but I have experienced a bit of this at home as well.  The cat that ruled the roost for most of the past few years now has a companion cat and that has provided considerable entertainment the past two weeks.  And I am happy to report that progress has been made in this relationship.  Goober, the "more experienced" cat has mellowed and will at least be in the same room with Sage, the new addition.  Sometimes they even play with each other, but more often it is Sage playing with a semi-tolerant Goober.  Once Goober's inner kitten-ness is overwhelmed, we hear a hiss or two, a thump as Sage hits the floor after a well aimed right jab from Goober, and the elder, dignified cat flees to a high place where she can't be bothered.

I have been trying to get both of them in the same photo for most of two weeks--this is the best I have been able to do.

No comments: