Sunday, August 24, 2014

Roscommon, 0930

One of the rebel leaders fell last night.  If only I could say it was THE rebel leader but I know they are still out there.  The battle began, of course, in the middle of the night near the the large, man-made device for lounging.  There had been significant evidence of rebel activity near there, so I cleverly placed a new type of trap to lure him/it/her in.  Food was the key and it worked.  It was a bit sticky but it was soon over.  His sleek body did not look hungry, but he was perhaps looking out for others.

I buried him with full honors in an empty cheeto bag. Soon the drawstring was pulled tight on the glad white shroud and he was on his way to the next stage of his journey, Valhalla-near-the-curb.  I was not gloating, I was not satisfied with this war, for I know it is not over.  It was not the war to end all wars, but merely a battle.  Eternal vigilence is the cost of turd-free tables, I know that.  Now, battle tested and strong, I will persevere in this fight.  THIS IS MY HOUSE, MOUSE!  It is me that is roaring.

All that aside, two down, probably others to go.  The guy at the hardware store where I bought $29.00 of anti-mouse weapons said I was not the only one doing so.  Perhaps an early winter?  Wow.  Yay.  I suspect that there will be others.  With a house with a crawl space and living in the woods it is inevitable.  But I do know that while they are incredibly unpleasant, the glue traps do work. Beware, little mousies!!!   But yuk.  Just yuk.  PETA be damned on this one.  If a rare elephant moved in and crapped on my counter, I would just say "hey, dude, the place is yours, I am leaving."  But if a ubiquitous field mouse does the same, I will fight.  Please tell me they aren't on some protected list.






No comments: