Wednesday, March 23, 2016

First and last and then again...







It is snowing, not an unprecedented event here at my little house in the woods.  It is, however, spring, and yet we are expected to get 8-10 inches of snow tonight  I hope no one expects me to shovel.  I stopped shoveling weeks ago, once we had a 65 degree day.  Ahh, Northern Lower Michigan!

I did pick up a camera to point it at the snow and some twiggy things.  It is the first time that I picked a camera up in three weeks except to dust around them.  They still worked, which might be a good sign.  What I did think about is that I have taken these photos before so this isn't the first time you have seen these photos or ones like them. I like the view down my road and  the trees and twigs. This may be the last time I take snow pictures around here, and I do realize that I will miss these views from my house in the woods.

It isn't like I am moving to Florida or some weird place like that.  I haven't applied to anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line.  Part of it is preference, but part of it is just opportunity.  I have crossed out Texas as a preferred state, and there hasn't been much else.  I have applied and I have been unceremoniously "dinged" and rejected and told I was pond scum.  I am sure that is what the letters said that told me that I was foolish to ever think I could work at their esteemed institution, not that I would ever take these rejections personally or anything like that.   It is that ugly stage of the search--lots of applications out there and lots of waiting as the sorting hat makes sense of them all.

I am not yet worried.  Well, maybe a tiny tiny bit.  What is challenging is that I have an appealing Plan B and Plan C and that makes me worry less about Plan A.  I know that this makes little sense, but hopefully it will, even to me.  I am keeping a positive outlook and still giving it the ol' college try as I get up and brush myself off and I get on the horse again and try try again  and stuff like that.

In the meantime, I am enjoying the snow, and not just because I am enjoying the view.  It might mean that we have our 6th snow day of the semester and I can sleep in.

No comments: