Thursday, December 31, 2009

Holly New Year


I went for a walk today, as it was nearly 50. Yes, it was slightly rainy and very dark, but it was still nice to go for a winter walk. And holly was everywhere--I have decided that it is my new favorite shrub/tree, and the many types of holly are some of the many things that I will miss. I suspect that there won't be many temperate January days in Minnesota where I can go for a walk and see holly.

Happy New Year! I have to admit that I have written this blog and erased this entry several times. What do I write? Wow, it's been an eventful year... Wow, I hope next year isn't as eventful... There, I guess I am done. Maybe it wasn't that hard.

This has been an eventful year. There were lots of changes, some good and some not so good. I am not making these easier or better, am I? But this is a pretty good description of my year. I lost some things, like a job and perhaps a friend or two faded away. To be able to say those things is never good. Generally I could say that things didn't always go as planned. But we know who laughs when man plans...

That said, I have to say that along the way the year wasn't all that bad. I met some people who are cool, and while I really miss those friends, I met some new ones and I really did get to realize the worth and value of some old friends. I got to spend a week in Paris, which is never bad to say. I did some decent work, I think, both behind the camera and sometimes in front of a computer.

And the new year is promising. I am really really excited about my new job and all that it offers. I complain about Minnesota but there are far more positives than negatives, like those negative temps! I am actually looking forward to it, and professionally it offers a ton of opportunities. Someone told me once that I always land pretty well, and whether it can be attributed to just luck or a tiny bit of talent, I did land well.

Most of all I am lucky for all of the people who helped me get to this point, personally and professionally. If you actually read this, you are probably one of those people and someone who I have to thank again and again. So consider yourself thanked, OK?

Happy New Year.


No comments: