Thursday, September 30, 2010

Italy, Day 1






I made it safe and sound and made it through my first day in Florence. I have no doubt that it is because I am older, but these all night/day trips are getting harder. I was traveling for about 22 clock hours, and while it all went very smoothly, it was a long day.

I am sitting here after a "market meal" of Perona beer, fresh cheese, a new (for me) type of salami, and good bread. My intentions were to find some small out of the way to eat and drink some wine, but I ran out of steam. I took a good three hour walk, but that was it.

The picture of the Duomo is the first photo I took--literally that was the view from the spot where the taxi let me out. The flowers are from my room--it is a neat view, and I will work with that to find a better photo. The River Arno was filled with rowers as the sun set. It is pretty amazing what you can do with with sidewalk chalk, and I love the bikes and the small lanes.

More soon. but I am winding down. I will try and post a few words and pictures each day as I can and technology allows.

No comments: