Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunflowers, towards the end


I feel like I owe this site and you all a longer post, and I do have some ideas for posts that I will share. But this will be short as my day is back to back to back meetings. Here are the sunflowers pictured last week looking a bit worse for the wear but still beautiful and worth sharing. There might even be a connection to the poems below...

A poem or two for the day, as I have been reading a bio of Edna St Vincent Millay--these are from her "A Few Figs from Thistles" and these are fun, and so 1920s. Or so today, if you have anything invested in the stock market or are invested in other parts of life... Hey, Carpe Diem and may it be a good one!

First Fig

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light

Second Fig

Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!

No comments: