Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Prolonged trip...

Sigh...it had gone too well.  No car camera hotel packing eating sleeping trouble at all.  And all I wanted was that streak to continue so that I could be at home in my own bed, even for a short night.  

Delta had other plans, though.  When they were changing a tire (how prosaic for a 100 million dollar plane) they discovered another problem with the wheel and delayed the flight.  As I mentioned, I only had 39 minutes in Atlanta so I left the plane for other alternatives.  When I was leaving the plane, they said it would be about 45 minutes late.  By the time I got to the gate to talk to the desk, they said a 90 minute delay.  By the time I got rebooked, the delay was up to three hours.  Can't you walk to Atlanta in three hours? 

So I am in Orlando.  Still.  Stuck with nary a toothbrush, though the nice people at the Hilton fixed me up with a toothbrush and all the necessities.  I laughed as there is a tiny bottle of Brute aftershave, and some Mennen Speedstick deodorant in the little bag they gave me.  Honestly, I haven't used either since high school all those years ago.  I'll smell good tomorrow--yesterday's clothes and yesteryear's scents!  It could have been worse, I guess.  At least it wasn't AXE or something like that.  Maybe someone can just Fabreze me!

I shouldn't really complain as it isn't like I am sleeping in the terminal.  This is actually the nicest hotel I have stayed in all trip.  I guess I just wanted to be home.  It will happen soon enough.

No comments: