Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter



I found one more tulip picture today, in part because tulips like most other things, change from day to day.  Just yesterday, they were barely blooming, but today, they are almost past their prime.  Just yesterday it was spring for me, but now, heck, I must be in late summer at least...  Interesting to think about.  If tulips had brains (and souls) would they be wondering, "I'm sagging, I'm fading, wow, is that  a new ache that I didn't have yesterday?"

It was a lazy lazy weekend for me, and I accomplished and did nothing.  I guess it was a recharge weekend after a busy week.  But honestly, I did little besides watch bad movies and eat.  And I cooked a lot so that I could eat--three significant meals, or at least significant for me.  Yesterday I made chicken with a tarragon bread cumb crust and "smashed" new (well, relatively new) potatoes.  This morning, I was up early and breakfast was broccoli, cheese, and mushroom quiche.  Apparently real men do eat quiche, and really real men know how to make it!   It was surprisingly good and it was one of those wow moments, as in why haven't I made this before.  Real men make quiche because it is fall off the log easy.  Ahh, I may be fading and sagging fast, but my cholesterol is still 48.  Bring on the eggs.

Tonight, in honor of Easter, I made rosemary and garlic braised lamb chops.  Truly a simple meal.  Braised and then baked (briefly) chops and crusty bread with Irish butter, and a salad.  Now if I only had a chocolate Easter bunny.  I would pet it and love it and pet it and love and then, bite its ears off.

Sorry to Mr. Steinbeck for that....Happy Easter/Passover/new moon/budding and fading tulips.

No comments: