Thursday, July 4, 2013

Bayfield



I am, as they say in most places in the South, "Up North."  Right now, I am in Bayfield, but I have been most places up north these last few days.  Yep, me and the wood ticks.  And about a zillion flat landers, and a few locals.

Truly the ticks are fierce and numerous.  I wandered about Birch Tree Farms, my little piece of paradise, and before I left I basically undressed and de-ticked.  (hey, it's not like anyone drives on that road anyways...)  I stopped counting at 30 ticks, and that was with Eau de DEET still wafting from my clothes/self.  I went to a small diner in Port Wing and I was a bit disconcerted to watch the table full of road construction people just sit there and basically pick ticks off themselves and each other.  Looked like a family of chimps grooming each other.  I only found three on me while I was eating, or trying to. It does bring up interesting etiquette  questions...what does one do when one sees a tick on the table?

I have more photos and I will share soon.  I am staying a bit longer in "town" to see the fire works.  Should be a blast!

No comments: