Friday, July 5, 2013

More "Up North" stuff







I am still up in God's country--which god is open at this point.  I'm waiting for a fish boil, which is actually better than it sounds.  I worked and wandered about my land today, clearing a small glade and collecting ticks for my tick resettlement program.

People have asked what the "land" looks like.  While these photos capture only a small slice, they are indicative of what it is like.  Scrub trees, with some older birch trees and a few spruce.  A lot of trees.  A bit of grass.  Bear poop.  Really.

It was fun to play woodsman today, probably because it is still beautiful weather.  An astounding string of nice days by all accounts.

These are all from my little point and shoot--I brought a grown up camera, too--those pictures will have to wait.  I hope to visit my woods one more time tomorrow morning, hang out at the Red Cliff pow-wow after that, and then head back tomorrow.

No comments: