Thursday, February 27, 2014

End of a very short trip







I am at the Sheridan (international) airport, waiting for a flight back to Minnesota.   The airline's plane (yes, you read that right) is in the hanger being fixed--on an earlier flight, it started down the runway and one of those pesky propellors just stopped.  Now, Bud or Hank or whoever from the local Shell station is trying to fix it for my flight.  I am sitting in the, er, reception area listening to stories of people who have been waiting from a few hours to a day and a half to get out here by plane.  The airline, Great Lake Air, is interesting.  It is also called "Great Mistakes Air" and "Amateur Air" by local frequent fliers.  I am not optimistic at this point.

 I was here interviewing and I had a great time.  People were nice, the Colleges were good and absolutely beautiful, and the position would be challenging and definitely would push and help me grow professionally.  Plus this place, like so many places in the West, has that extra paycheck of being in an absolutely beautiful part of the world.  I am hopefully, wishfully,  optimistic at this point.

Before I left Minnesota I bought a little point and shoot camera for my travels--of course you can never have too many cameras and at this point in time I did not have a smaller camera.  So I needed one, he rationalized to himself and others.  If nothing else, it shows that all you need is a good camera.  Whatever.  Here are a few of the early results.  The scenic shots are within 10 minutes of Sheridan, and the signs are from the

No comments: