Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Beasts of my forest





Sometimes it is said that the first real photos taken through a new lens (or at least a new lens to you) is called "first light."  The lens referenced in a previous blog was probably made almost 50 years ago, but it is new to me and I am having fun stalking beasts that come into my yard.  I have noticed these very fat black squirrels--not my first choice of subjects but they are kind of cute.  I had to bribe them to be socialble with a platter of nuts and blueberries.  All I had for nuts was a jar of stale honey roasted peanuts but they seemed to be tasty for the animals.  They can worry about their own good and bad cholesterol.  A bird even visited--none have visited the feeder, but at least I know that they are in the neighborhood and that they probably aren't boycotting the place.  But what kind is it?

No comments: