Thursday, August 4, 2016

Morning storm



It has been hot here in the land of 9,000 and some lakes.  There used to be more than 10,000 lakes but let me remind you that  it has been REALLY hot and those lakes left for North Dakota or some place like that.  Of course among the pluses of steamy humid days are the resulting thunderstorms, although some have suffered with severe storms and then they are less fun.  With that apology, here in the city they can be fun.  The lofty perch of my eerie/apartment affords me a great view of the storms that thunder down I-94  from the West.  My bedrooms offer almost a panoramic view of these fronts, complete with lightning.  I am enjoying this now--we will see if I enjoy it in January when those storms bang against my 60-year-old windows with -40 degree winds.

This morning brought one of these summer storms.  At 7:45 AM, long after dawn, cars were crawling along in the almost dark of a good-sized storm.  The photo above would have been sharper but it was shot through a window.  It isn't like I would go outside in the rain to take picture just to make a photo better.  Get real.  I like to think that the photo is "impressionistic" which is of course a code word for a fuzzy. blurry photo that happens to have good color.  So this is my "impression" of a morning storm.

No comments: