Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Walking, again





I have decided that having this lake nearby is kind of fun.  At least with photo opportunities abounding near the water, I am not taking all those darn flower photos!  Th6ese are a few photos from a recent walk around the lake--nothing really great but it sure is a pretty lake.

I still am not feeling all that fulfilled as a photographer but at least I am thinking about it a bit more.  I am starting to think that that feeling comes from being unbalanced overall right now.  No, not that kind of unbalanced, though some may argue.  It is just hard finding that balance with the work/art/life spheres when one sphere is missing.  I am trying and I have applications out to all relevant local higher ed jobs, but to be honest there just aren't that many of them right now.  While I miss the paycheck, I also miss the social parts of a job as well.  Yesterday, for example, I had a very nice conversation with two charming adorable young ladies who live in my building.  It was a highlight of my day, even though the conversation was mostly about red monkeys and unicorns and talks on a make-believe phone with no big words.  Then they had to go take their afternoon nap and have their diapers changed.  As fun as they were, I probably do need to get out a bit more.  I will have to think about how to accomplish that.

Until I figure it out, I will just enjoy the lake.  Remember to click on these to make them larger.

NOTE:  I am always amazed about some of the responses I get from these posts in part because I am surprised that random people actually do read and look at these posts.  Within 5 minutes of the original post, an anonymous troll I mean commentator noted that my horizons weren't level.  Yep.  It has been a lifelong flaw of mine that I hold my camera tilted just a bit.  Frankly, I am sometimes surprised that the photo is in focus and exposed correctly.  It the photo sneaks over that bar, I sometimes forget to straighten the photo so the water doesn't drain off the page.  My apologies to the horizon sensitive folk who are offended--I will try and do better.

No comments: