Friday, September 2, 2016

Friday





It is finally Friday.  It seems like it was a long week, but I have little to complain about.  My schedule is a settling into a routine.  I get up and head to the coffee shop to "work" for a few hours, usually until noon or until I have had so much coffee that I can't type any more.  Trust me, it has happened.    Then I make sure I can feed myself for the rest of the day and do stuff at home.  Rinse and repeat for the next day.

I am not really working but working at things so I might or can work.  A good on-line application, with all the redundant spots to fill in and boxes to check,  can take two or three hours to complete and much longer if my cover letter needs to be radically adjusted.  Of course all that work comes after actually finding the job to apply to and after doing some basic research.  Yeah, I know.  It is tough being me.  Hardly.  It is all just part of the process, a process that I hope will be productive soon, as I am getting a teensy bit bored.

I have a short walk to coffee nirvana, but I try and go a different way each day. (I was going to say I try and walk a different way each day, but isn't that a Monty Python joke?)  I found these photos on my walk today.  I am not sold on the vines/wall photo but the location.scene has potential.  Wrong camera and wrong lens, I think, but interesting.  Sometimes it feels like I am scouting for locations for senior pictures--I will have to train the ivy into a number 17 for this year's crop of seniors.

I did find a place nearby that processes film in-house and quickly, a surprisingly difficult thing to find.  After moving from the woods where you had travel 45 miles to even try and buy a roll of film, much less get it processed, I thought that the big city would be filled with photo resources.  Not so much beyond a pretty good camera store.  Processing seemed elusive unless you send it to the coast, so I was pretty glad to find this place.  I get my first roll back today, so maybe more photos later.

No comments: