Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A nice night for a walk...











I took advantage of one of the great days in Minnesota to walk around my neighborhood lake,  Lake Harriet.  It was, as one one person said, one of the six or seven days of the year that make it worth living in Minnesota.  I expect the next day in September.  Maybe it seemed so nice because of the awful weather news in the rest of the country.  51 inches of rain since Friday?  No appreciable rain since May?  We have a screwed up country, weather-wise.  I am just glad that there isn't any global warming. 

I jest, but Houston and the rest of Texas is breaking my heart.  The images are searing and the suffering is real.  My donations are on the way, but how do you ever fill that bucket of need?  I am heartened by the real sense of cooperation and community that appears in times like this.  There is not a red or blue state when the state is really just very very wet--I can only hope that this small spark of unity might continue.

My walk was nice--it is about a 4.5 mile jaunt so that is good for me.  At this time of the day there are LOTS of people on the paths and also lots of puppies.  I got to pet some of them.  The puppies, at least.  The people are, well, sleek.  And then there is me....  I have been called a very many things but never, never, have I been called sleek.  Lots of tennis tans and ripples from running and other things.  Then there was me, in a 20 year old tee-shirt and jeans instead of spandex.  I wore "running" shoes only because they were blue and matched my eyes!  But there was room for older pudgy people, too, and it is a very nice walk.

The pictures are pretty blah,  A good camera but apparently not that great of a lens.  I am road testing lenses because of an upcoming trip.  Yep, following my standard, "I am not working so let's go to Europe" financial plan, I have a trip planned in October with a friend to the hinterlands of England.  Poor financial sense but a great thing to look forward to.  But not with this lens.  Sigh.  I only have about 9 other lenses to choose from.  What to do, what to do?




No comments: