Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall morning, North Fork of the Nooksack River

Though not as early as I had hoped to be, I was still on the road by 6:45. The reward for this was this stand of aspen along the North Fork of the Nooksack River. As I have said once or twice in my life, "nice light!" There are lots of opportunities to shoot along the Nooksack, and I want to take advantage of them. One challenge is that the river is not this nice meandering river that flows gently in its wooded, smooth banks. The Nooksack exists by thundering down the mountain, and it carries silt, boulders, 150 foot trees, etc. It makes a new river bed several times a year. Still, it is a wild, beautiful river, and supposedly one of the best and most important salmon rivers in the Pacific Northwest. It will yield a few photos before the season is gone, too.

No comments: