Sunday, February 15, 2009

An unexpected mountain

I have shared mountain photos before, and they are dramatic, but they are also pretty expected.  I know that this is a stretch to believe if your are from NW Ohio, where you have the geographic  diversity of an airport. Any view of a local mountain would be unexpected and as a former flatlander, the mountains like Baker and Shuksan area exceptional--I am not getting jaded, I promise.  Today, though, I came down the mountain a different way and while I was driving along, I looked to my left and saw this mountain.  I almost drove off the road in my haste to grab a a camera. 

I told someone the following  today, and it is true.  You can have a terrible day, and I have had more than once these past few weeks.  But driving around this county calms you.  And if it is a crappy day, you can feel that ease a bit.  So, despite the sometimes not so exceptional days, it at least is not that bad of a place to have them...and it helps even more to share these views with others to perhaps ease their days as well.


No comments: