Sunday, April 26, 2009

more tulips...




So apparently Skagit County, just to the south of where I live, grows either the second or third most tulips and bulb flowers in the world. Photographically, it is not dissimilar to shooting fish in a barrel. Almost anywhere you point a camera, you see blocks of color, and sometimes acres and acres of tulips, fields of mind-blowing color intensity.

Secretly, I am not exactly a tulip kind of guy, but this tulip scene has to be in any NW Washington's photographer's portfolio. At least one of these probably could hang on someone's wall, though anyone with a camera could replicate these, just by being there. I guess it was worth getting up at 5:30, and taking all of these photos by 9:30.

There are two photos of fields of yellow daffodils. One with an absolutely great tree and the other is of a farmer working in the field. I have probably punished (I mean published--I rarely punished photos--thanks to an alert reader for catching this) 30-40 photos over the years of farmers working in the fields. But never a shot of a nice red tractor in a field of yellow flowers. Usually I took photos of green tractors with corn, beans, alfalfa, etc. Somehow I can't imagine this scene in NW Ohio or NW Wisconsin.

No comments: