Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hey...

I wonder how many messages I have started like that...

Hello from Paris!!! All is well, and had a good day.

First things first. It seems that I will be far less connected than I thought, which isnt always bad, but unusual for me. Unless I stumble onto a Mac store, I am computer-less and it appeqrs the promised internet is not going to work in my apt. So? Well, I promised blogs but they will be shorter-not because I dont care, but because it takes so darn long to type. Imagine typing when the W,A,M, Z, Q, and most of the punctuation marks are all in different places. I never knew that I was a touch type-er, but I guess I am. So, please, excuse the shorter posts, and excuse the typos!

No photos, either--suffice it to say that I could use Paris for fashion sense but not for computer support. I swear I am on a dial up connection. Remember as per usual-Man plans, etc etc.

But I am taking photos, some 450 already. At least 3 are probably good enough to print! Maybe a few more...Was at the Musee de Orsay today for 4 hours. Nice place, some nice pictures on the wall...it is amazing and beyond belief. I basically wandered for 13 hours-tired but a "good" tired! Different world-imagine having to find a different angle for a photo because the Eifel Tower was in the way. That hardly ever happens in Bellingham. Or Ohio. Not even in Wisconsin.

Lets see...the highlights so far, all of which will be fleshed out in the future. I was strip searched in Amsterdam, down to my skivvies-note to self: Dont leave 7 white pills in your shirt pocket so that they can fall out when you take your shirt/jacket off for the security guys. All my Zirtek rolled out of my pocket onto the table-oops. Unmarked white pills.

Room is smaller than small! I was hoping for cute small, but got uncomfortable small, Hobbitt small. Some great stories about that. I am clean and safe and warm so its ok, but small. Im in a great neighborhood, fun and pretty. Met some nice people and listened to some funny conversations which will make good posts when I get home.

Tomorrow Notre Dame, I think.

Well, this took an hour to type, so thqt is it for tonight. More soon...

No comments: