Thursday, May 14, 2009

So long from Paris...

It is almost 8 here and I am winding down from a great day-lots of stories, but here is one that tells you how great this place is...

I was wandering around the Latin Quarter and ended up at Notre Dame one more time. I knew that they were putting up an exhibition tent in the square in front of the cathedral but I had no idea what it was for-it turns out there were two things going on. To my delight and enjoyment, there was a bakery contest and people got to eat the leftovers. Can you say warm bagguette with Nutella? Wonderful.

No one will believe the other thing that was going on, but I swear it was true. There was a beach volleyball tourney going on. Mens and Womens. Really-less than 50 yards (oops, meters) from the front door of Notre Dame they were playing beach volleyball. Whqt would the Pope say? Maybe they played that in his youth "sports club" so its ok... Does it ever get any better than this? It was so hard not to just assume my normal persona as a six four beach volleyball player, but I realized that I would get sand in my Nutella and it was raining...

Tomorrow is a travel day, but more (and pictures) when I get back.

No comments: