Sunday, February 28, 2010

Other colors than white





It seems that it has been much longer than a week since I posted--no doubt that it is because the weeks are pretty full and very busy. Work is going well, but there is little slack time. I am usually there by 7AM or earlier and rarely leave before 6PM. But since I am an hourly employee that works out pretty well. Ha! I am betting that this pace will continue. One nice thing is that you can't work at school over the weekend, unless the school is open. While I have a master key, I have no way to enter after hours. That does help to keep it a bit saner.

Progress continues at my house/home. All the wood floor are down, and it looks nice. The long hallway towards the three bedrooms and the bath looks like a bowling alley. The painter is almost done, and it's been interesting. I am almost 50, and while some have trouble believing it, I have never painted a room nor have I even chosen a new color for any place I have ever lived. So its been fun. My living room is a "hint of morning pale light slight earl gray" or some such color, most of my kitchen "modest white" and the rest of it is "cayenne" red. Much better than the light mint green in the living room, or the wall paper in the kitchen. There will be more "before and after" pictures but you might get an idea with the two stove photos.

And it is getting more complete in other ways, too. I cooked for the first time (besides the microwave) and got to use my new stove. It was only Cous Cous but it was a meal of sorts and the stove does work. It is the little things, the simple things as the two pictures of windows show. They are two early morning shots--the wire is an antenna from my radio with a frosty window, the other is the bathroom window.

No comments: