Sunday, May 16, 2010

Auctions and other things





It was a beautiful weekend after a long, and frankly, a crappy week. Many appointments, meetings, and lots of thoughts to fill my week.

This weekend dawned brilliantly, with a bright blue sky and a warm sun, things that us in North Central Minnesota have not seen for a week and a half. It was the opening of fishing season, so no doubt the Walleye "god" smiled on the state. We can't figure out a state budget that protects most of us, but we do make sure that the walleyes and the leaches meet on some weird destiny....

But I went to an auction. I can't fully explain why I love auctions as much as I do. I like them in the rain and and the sun, but this weekend's was near perfect. The weather was stellar and I even have a bit of color. The company was great, the auction food of a perfectly presented sloppy Joe hit the spot, and I even bought a few things that will become treasures. Including one of the kerosene lamps pictured above. I have to light my deck somehow! Plus, the light was great, whether on 35 year old Christmas cactus that was for sale or on the johnny jump-ups.

All in all, a good transition weekend.

No comments: