Sunday, May 30, 2010

travels...






It has been a crazy few days as I have been on the road. I left Friday morning to fly to Bellingham to pack up and then drive back the rest of my "stuff" to my "home." Sorry for the quote marks but there is a certain vagueness to both terms, I guess. What is "stuff" and is it home?

None-the-less, with some help from friends I mostly packed and filled a 10 foot truck with this stuff, and hit the road early this morning. I think I drove about 780 miles today--the weather was perfect, and I had enough caffeine to probably drive even farther, but my eyes were tired.

Here are a few shots from the day, starting with the ritual of stopping at Starbucks to fuel the first few miles of the trip. It was foggy starting out and cool, in the 40s, a nice change from the 90s that Minnesota has been experiencing. A highlight was stopping off in Roslyn and eating at the Roslyn Cafe. The last photo is one that poorly or at least incompletely illustrates why they call Montana Big Sky Country.

No comments: