Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pow wow









There was a pow-wow on St. Cloud State's campus today, and it was a great way to spend the afternoon. Aside from an interesting and fun cultural event, it was a fantastic photo opportunity. Here are some of the results.

I shot these with my normal camera, but I used a vintage lens, one so old that I had to do everything manually. It has been a long time since I have had to do all that on anything other than a view camera. Actually, I bought a similar lens in 1981 for a camera that had about that level of limited controls/features. It was fun shooting the pow-wow this way, and I am not all that displeased by the results. That they aren't perfect just tells me that my eyes and reflexes are 30 years older and pointed out how dependent I am/we are on autofocus auto-everthing cameras.

No comments: