Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A long day...

I am Christmas shopping.  Really.  It just happens to be at a resturant that serves roasted dates, calamari, and a more than decent red wine.  I was a teacher today, and gave my final tonight.  My extended office hours and meetings filled the rest of the day and believe me, it was all filled with people.   I kind of feel that this is the first time I have taken a breath and relaxed all day.  So sigh.  Relax.  Sip.  Savor.

It is absolutely beautiful out tonight, and led me to the poetry prompt for the next mini poetry slam.  The prompt is this--you have to either address or include the phrase "the promise of snow."  I am still working on mine, but since the snow isn't quite here, I have a few hours.

Until then, it is back to shopping.  And sipping.  And savoring.


No comments: