Monday, December 3, 2012

Fog











OK, I may be weird, but I like most of these photos.  I like the almost monochrome look, and the pseudo-mysterious look.  And, I think that they are even more subtle, not that I ever am, because they were shot with film.  Though it does bother me that they kind of look like the framed art at Kohls or at Fairfield Inn.

Still, It makes me want to shoot more with film, though it is probably just because I like the cameras.  The first three were shot with a Leica R4 and a 90mm Elmarit.  The second three, the wider angle and sharpest photos were taken with an M4 and a (brand new, made in 2012) 35mm Zeiss Biogon.  The last three were taken with a Leica IIIG and a 50mm 3.5 Elmar.  What I find interesting is the differences in color more than sharpness.  All were shot on the same film, with careful exposure and I think, careful focus though with the fog you couldn't really see a whole lot.  There are just subtle differences between the lenses, not the cameras. as you might expect from lenses from 1953, 1977, and 2012.  Things have gotten better, I suppose, but not all that much better, and perhaps one lens is not better than the other, but rather, just different in little, noticeable ways.

OK, way to much technical mumbo jumbo.  I guess I was just happy to intentionally go out and take photos and to come up with one or two images that I kind of liked or at least intrigued me.  I do have to admit that I am REALLY missing taking pictures of people.  Any volunteer models out there?  Let me know...the price is right.

No comments: