Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fair time...








I went to the fair last night, the Ogema County Fair.   It was NOT the state fair by any means,but it was fun. Like all fairs, it had food and rides and animals and people, but this one just had a whole lot less of all the above.  If there were 25 swine or 30 cows, I would be surprised as I thought there were fewer than that.  The avian flu shuttered the poultry exhibit, and really, this area just isn't that agricultural.  If we had a fair that showed our ag products, we would have pens of trees.  Generally they would smell better but it just wouldn't be the same.

I wasn't that inspired in part because of the poor food choices.  Honestly, they didn't even have cheese curds.  Really.  What kind of a fair doesn't have cheese curds?  I suppose the kind of fair that isn't in Wisconsin…  I have been to so many fairs over the years so I think I completed the checklist of required fair photos.  Let's see--cute animals?  Check.  Bright lights, etc from rides?  Check.  Darn--I missed the shot of a 4H member showing/cuddling/washing their animal!  At least I didn't get cow/sheep/pig poop on me within 12 steps of my car.  I have heard that happens.

No comments: