Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Happy







Happy whatever, I guess. 

I hope some will be happy with the Thanksgiving holiday and for whatever that means to and for you and yours. 

I hope that you will be happy with friends and loved ones, the people who make your life fun/exciting/safe/sane/crazy/calm and worth living. 

I hope you are happy because you are meeting most of Maslow's hierarchy need benchmarks and that you are safe and warm and have food to eat.

I hope you are happy because you received a smile from a stranger or because you were able to give a smile (or more) to someone who perhaps needed just that smile to feel appreciated.

This has been a hard year in many ways, sometimes for us personally but also I think for the group of individuals who make up our community, our country, and our world.  We have spent way too much time pointing out differences (and heaven knows that there are differences, some good and some more challenging) than we have pointing out and working on our common interests, goals, and needs. 

If I had a Thanksgiving wish, I would wish for that.  It would make me happy.

Happy Thanksgiving, in all its possible meanings.


Snow pictures from early this morning.  I have figured out that one side of my Street is an "early morning street, with all sidewalks shoveled by 7:15.  The other side not so much--not a flake was disturbed.

No comments: