Sunday, December 21, 2008

Color

So sometimes you drive around and then you see something that makes you stop.  It was almost a monochrome day today, with gray sky and lots of white snow.  On my way to my favorite used book store, I noticed this wall, an unexpected burst of yellow orange.  Nothing significant, and really not a great photo.  But the color struck me and made the day considerably warmer.

People have asked what I am doing for Christmas, and the answer is not much.  I am finding this Christmas season to be considerably harder than I suspected it might be.   I am still thinking about why that might be.  A bit lonesome, I am sure.  I miss my Dad--very certainly I was far from a perfect son, but I am also pretty certain that there not many years in the past 15 that I would not have been planning, no matter where I was, a way to see him in Eau Claire.  I miss him, is all, and while that will ease, it still hurts today.  I am uncertain about this season.  So I think that I will be wandering around, and maybe looking for that occasional blotch of color.  I am sure that it is there.

No comments: