Thursday, December 25, 2008

Trees


Today it snowed again, a wet, sticky snow that while pretty, was also a mess to shovel and to drive in.  My drive was pretty lonesome--here, in both cases, I just stopped the car in the middle of the road, and took several photos.  It wasn't like I needed to dodge traffic.  I have no doubt that people were sharing the day with their families, and not driving about.  It was fun to take some photos in black and white--the world has seemed to be in black and white lately with all of the snow.  


















There is a photographer from Prague named Josef Sudak who mostly made his career from photos that he took either in his house, out of his window, or within a mile or two of his house.  Sometimes I feel that I am following this lead--you all have seen a lot of photos from my world that have been taken within a few minutes walk or drive from my house.  This is is my neighbor's "gate to no particular place."  Fairly Zen-like with all the snow.

No comments: