Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blue-ness

It is again a gray, rainy, snowy day, one largely devoid of color as the clouds are hovering way too close to the ground.  I wandered around and looked for color, and even made some of my own, or at least arranged some color with flowers.  I made some prints from the flower photos, and while they aren't incredible, they are OK.  What I find amazing is just how good the lens that comes with a Nikon D40.  This lens has plastic elements, and the entire lens is in a poly-carbonate barrel.  I can't imagine that there is a penny's worth of metal in the whole lens.  Still, I made 11X17 photos which were razor sharp.  I think the lens probably sells for $69, which is basically free.  Twenty five years ago you would have spent hundreds to get the same results.  I know, way too technical, but it is interesting.  To me at least..

No comments: