Sunday, January 25, 2009

Notes on blogging...

I have discovered that I really do enjoy blogging.  I think that I am reasonably good at it...most of my sentences are full sentences, and almost all of them have subject and verb thingies in them.  I am more aware than any reader that what I write is simple "blather" that allows me to process my life in a semi-public way.  I have no illusions of importance of anything that I write.  It is mostly for me, and for the 3-5 people who do read this.  I think that really is the extent of my audience--there has been only two people who I have not specifically invited who have ever read this--one high school friend, my editor at the Purple Wings, who no doubt thought I needed editing just as I did then.  And some kind soul who just found this this blog by mistake or luck.  

But I find that I walk a fine line.  Three people, 50% or more of my readers, have commented that I seem sad in my postings.  And here lies the problem with blogging.  I really have tried to keep personal things out of my blog, at least true personal things.  No names, no specific instances or causes of thoughts, etc.  But if you do this you will let things about you slip out, and I know I have.  Life is like that, and mine is no different.  Sometimes it is hard, sometimes it is confusing, and sometimes it is not all that you might want it to be or even need it to be.

Two things.  I hope that this undercurrent of life doesn't interfere with what I am really saying--trust me, it is mostly background noise and not the noise that drives my life or days.  Secondly, I will reach out if I need to.  I am fine.  I would change things in a few parts of my life, but I refuse to think that all of us wouldn't say that if we had a chance.  But I am fine.  

I guess lastly, thank you.  I am blessed by having one or two people who care enough to ask.  

No comments: