Friday, October 8, 2010

Hmmmm...














I am not really sure why I am doing this. Aside from my normal insecurities that no one really reads this or cares, my inn keeper really put all this in perspective. He has noticed that I always come and go with cameras and had asked what I was trying to accomplish while I was here. I had mentioned this blog, but tonight, he pointed out the obvious. "You don't have to be a good photographer at all, " he pointed out. "It is so beautiful here that any one could get a good picture." How true. You are just viewing the work of an overeducated monkey with a camera. Enjoy!

I was up early today, and tried the train AND the bus system. And succeeded at both, though with different results. I went to Pisa this morning, a city that has little to offer other than a builder's mistake. For the first time, I felt like that monkey mentioned above, or certainly a tourist. I refuse to even post a photo. The train thing went well once I figured out that while you buy a ticket in one place, it doesn't mean that the train that you need is actually in the station where you bought the ticket. Ooops. It convinces me that the US needs more light rail.

The second trip of the the day was to San Gimignano, a true gem of a walled medieval city with commanding views of Tuscany. The city one once had 73 tours, but only about dozen remain. It is walkable, laid back and charming. Each turn brought another picture worthy view and this trained monkey had an easy time finding a few photos.

No comments: