Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where I was supposed to be...

So it is Sunday evening and I should have been about 12-15 miles south of Oxford. It was 53 in London today, and I am betting it would have been a good day for a walk. But I shouldn't mope. It was warm in St Cloud today so it is almost the same.

I did damage myself--cracked ribs and stretched and tore ligaments. My rib cage served its exact purpose quite well. It bent and compressed, but didn't break and it did protect more vital organs. That said, everyone keeps telling me (in case I didn't figure this out) that hurting your ribs is one of the most painful injuries that you can experience. If you carefully treat your ribs, it will take 6-8 weeks for them to feel better. If you just ignore them, it takes 6-8 weeks for them to feel better. The first week is supposed to be the worst, and all I can say is "I hope so."

So, a few days off from work until I can moderate my wincing and narcotic usage. Then it is back to work, at least until I find the next place for an adventure.

No comments: