Monday, May 27, 2013

Scallops and other things

This was a quite weekend and honestly, I did little or nothing.  Both, I think.  Something is on my mind, I think, though I have not narrowed it down beyond that.  I hope that I figure it before I make it through all 167 episodes of MacGyver.  I only have about 100 left to figure it out.

I did cook a few times.  I made ribs for the very first time, from scratch, and I was pretty pleased.  Not quite falling-off-the-bones tender, but very good.  I had always thought this culinary feat was was too complicated and required a "man-grill" or something.  Actually it was pretty easy.  I marinated them for three hours, then baked them for 2 1/2 hours.  MMM, MMM, messy.  But good.

Today was a little simpler.  I bought scallops, the little kind.  If I happened to be near water, I guess they would be called bay scallops.  I sautéed them in butter, garlic, a little white wine and lemon juice, and then tossed them with pasta.  Not bad, and it took less then 10 minutes.

School is done for this term.  Thank heavens.  It was a long semester and it lasted as long as anyone could stand it, maybe just a tiny bit too long.  There is a three week break, and then summer session.  No planned breaks, though I am willing enough.  I am getting restless...I have to many days of vacation--my checkbook is a bit thin, but when you have the time, it makes you think.  In the fall, I guess.  Maybe Portugal.  I guess I will think more about that.  I will have around 40 days by then...who knows where I could go with that.

No comments: