Sunday, June 1, 2014

I am a Michigander..











I think it is more than official now--I am living in Michigan.  I am (sort of) moved here, with most of my stuff here and this is now my home.  The trip was fine--my trusty steed pulled the trailer flawlessly though expensively--I had been getting about 29.5 MPG, but on this trip I got 22 at best.  The weather was perfect, and only a few pieces of glass were broken in transit.  I really can't ask for a much better trip.

But I am tired, that is for sure.  Short nights, allergies, and more work than normal had taken some of my spunk!  I unpacked the kitchen and got my bedroom more or less ready to sleep in, but that is it.  I took some photos of the place to share.  In these you will see the kitchen from the living room and the living room with the fireplace.  Outside is more interesting.  There is a screened in gazebo so that is cool.  There is a great walkway around the house and some flowers that are showing.  But there is also the Marlboro man within the sight line of the nice little arch. And don't forget the butterflies and the ducks and other things attached to the house and garage

Still, I landed well and have few quibbles.  I am lucky.  And I am not saying that at all because my house is less than 1.5 miles from an ice cream stand.  That had nothing to do with my general well being.

Speaking of ice cream...I am in a Tim Horton's in West Branch, about 40 miles away from my house.  I am in town for several reasons but in part to find a decent cell phone/wifi signal.  It is all about dropped calls at my house in the woods, and I will have to figure that out.  In the short term, I have found  out that there are no coffee shops or anything with free wifi nearby.  West Branch has a Tim Horton's that coincidentally, is also a Cold Stone Creamery.  Oh, what a hardship!!!  Let's see, the bathrooms were clean, but can I sleep on a bench?  Yes, I think that this will work out just fine.

No comments: