Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Still driving...


I know that this setting has potential and that there is a picture there.  I am pretty sure that this isn't the best picture of this little road, but it is one that I think I will keep watching.  I know I am a geek, but this is a scene that draws me to it.  A dirt road that meanders into the woods, shaded by big trees and cooled by gentle breezes..  It is special for some reason, almost like a secret to be shared with only people who also would appreciate such a road.

We  have had a string of very nice days.  Actually, if this road is any indication, we probably could use some rain.  It is still lush and green, verdant, if you will.  I am still amazed and how many shades of green there are.  While I am more of a Celadon kind of a guy, I can appreciate the wide palate.  I am thinking about whether or not these color swatch/paint chips of the shades of green are different than those that Minnesota produces and I can't recall.  Honestly I spent very little time in the woods in Minnesota and the trees that I took pictures of usually had flaming red and orange leaves.  Here you simply cannot ignore the woods so perhaps I being forced to be more aware.

No comments: