Monday, June 9, 2014

Undefeated and champion for a tiny tiny part of a day


Yep, I am undefeated.  No ties, either.  In fact, if I could find the application for the pro golf circuit, I might be tempted.  Ladder golf, that is.  After being drafted right out of school to fill out the, well, fill out the ladder, I took to the game like fish to water or whatever other meta"fore" for golf that you could possibly think appropriate.

This is a big deal here at Kirtland.  As part of the College's wellness program, it is carefully administered by the league commissioner who moonlights as the HR director.  Matches are scheduled, ladders assembled and the golf thingies (two golf balls with holes in them and carefully knotted piece of rope holding them together--I think they are called bolos--how Argentinian! ) are brought out to a flat sunny part of the campus.  Three games to 21 are played with cutthroat intensity.  In my first outing, the commissioner and I won all three.  Walking away and stomping on our competition.  Of course it is all friendly and non-comptetitive…  An action photo of the intense game is above.

The drives out to work have been wonderful, with clear skies and soft morning light.  Here is one that I shot this morning about 6:30.




I had to have a PR photo taken and I talked one of my colleagues into taking mine.  I don't know which one I like better, but both seem to be enough of a likeness to be OK for now.



No comments: