Thursday, November 27, 2014

A walk in the woods...







It is a nice day for a walk in the woods.  Actually,  it is a good day for a lot of things which may explain the whole thanksgiving thing.  It was mostly clear and a balmy 11 when I wandered around for an hour or so.  We had a few inches of snow last night but it wasn't really a photogenic snow but it wasn't too bad.  These photos were from the state land across the street from my house.  My house is pictured in the last shot.

I had time, of course, because I was in the midst of dinner preparations.  The chicken (sorry, the smallest turkey I could find was 14 pounds) was brining, the everything else was waiting and I went and walked.  The menu at "Chez Jason" is roasted chicken with tarragon, corn puddling, dressing and maybe I will make potatoes of one kind or another.  I figured the pudding had enough carbs and it had the added benefit of being a vegetable.  Sort of.  Wine is served--I opened a bottle of a great red Zin that I received in the mail from good friends.  How do you get to reach "good friend" status?  Send a wonderful bottle of California red wine!  I know, red wine and chicken.  I guess the chicken will just have to get used to it.

So life is fine.  I am most of the way through my laundry, my floors are mopped, my counter and table is clear, and generally the house looks pretty good.  I will sort type--I have 17 pounds of it to sort, if you could imagine.  Then I might even print something, though that will compete with shopping at 5AM for black Friday.  NOT!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.


No comments: